Crusaders Rugby Club are looking for a coach for their Senior Women’s program.
The Senior Women’s team currently competes in the Ontario Women’s League (OWL).
The season runs from April to mid-August and training takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm. Games are typically on Saturday.
We are looking for a candidate to create a really fun and positive environment around our team and around our club.
Location: Crusader Park, Oakville, Ontario
The Senior Women’s Head Coach will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- To recruit potential players from high schools, colleges and universities
- To identify and develop the talents of players
- To promote Crusaders Rugby Club through on-field performance
- To create an effective game plan, based on the opposing team and available players
- To execute the game plan on game day
- To organize practice sessions that develop technical, tactical and mental aspects of the game
- To ensure that coaching sessions facilitate team and athlete development
- To create a positive and enjoyable team culture
- To develop a coaching environment that contributes to athlete development on and off the field
- To ensure the health and safety of the athletes at all times
The Head Coach must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with fellow coaches, the Club Executive, volunteers and captains. The Head Coach will work with the Director of Rugby to select the coaching staff.
The position of Head Coach will report to the Senior Director of Rugby.
- Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
- Experience working with senior rugby teams and asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the development of the team and individual performance
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to co-ordinate the occasional coaching session with our Junior Grades
- Able to work in fast paced and flexible environments
- Inclined to mentor future female leaders and coaches
- Positive, enthusiastic and a good planner
- Leader in Creating a positive club environment
Please send any inquiries to Grahme Walsh: firstname.lastname@example.org