Our club is run entirely by volunteers and by registering yourself, or a member of your family, you are joining our group of dedicated people who take pride in the quality of our clubhouse, our grounds, our programs.
“Anyone who has ever set foot in a rugby club or spent the afternoon watching matches, knows it’s the people that make a rugby club special.”
Please take a few moments to consider the way in which you or your family members can contribute to our club:
WE NEED YOU—WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Earn High School Community Volunteer Hours. If you are in grades 9-12 you can help with events at the club to earn volunteers hours. At the end of the season students receive an official letter with your total hours,
- Social events—help to organize parties/fundraisers, end of year banquets ( i.e. Awards Dinner, Dance/Prom Dress Charity Game)
- Team Managers—help coaches to manage team lists/events (must have police check)
- Facilities—Washrooms/ change rooms/BBQ/Bar—grilling/stocking supplies—cleaning and maintenance.
- Grounds/field maintenance—assist with clean up after events-garbage collection-grass cutting-THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT—CAN BE DONE BY TEENS
If you have expertise in any area and you can offer help tell us!! (ie: computer/website skills/accounting/construction/food services)
Volunteering for the age grade rugby programs:
- Team Managers to help coaches with the administrative and logistical side of the rugby program. Team Managers are required to have a police check (paid for by the Club).
- Parent Volunteers to help coaches with drills and organization at training sessions.
Volunteer opportunities for parents:
- Volunteer: For parents able to volunteer on a regular basis there are many tasks. An example of this is grass cutting.
- Occasional Volunteer: For parents to volunteer to help with the many one-off tasks such as spreading fertilizer on the fields or helping organize and run rugby tournaments.
- Student Volunteers are High School students who play for the Club. As a Student Volunteer they can earn hours toward their volunteer commitment.
This is an ideal way to meet club members and parents, participate actively, and generally enjoy the camaraderie of your Rugby Club!